As you can see by the title, this is going to be my June favorites blog post. I apologize that there hasn’t been too much variety lately but I’ve been brainstorming recently and I will have some fun things coming up for you guys. Now on to the favorites!
- Rimmel London Stay Matte – I have heard so many great things about this powder, and being that it’s summer I definitely needed something that would mattify my face and get rid of all the oil caused by heat and humidity. The product itself is only about $5 which is a huge bargain for the amount you get and the quality. When I wear this powder I really feel that I don’t have to worry about being oily throughout the day (really the only place I may need to reapply would be my forehead since that is my worst area). Also, I feel like the powder leaves a nice smooth finish on the skin so it doesn’t even look like you have anything on, just your natural skin. I will definitely be repurchasing this for years to come.
- Rimmel London 9 in 1 BB Cream – As soon as summer came around I new I needed to pick myself up either a BB cream or tinted moisturizer, something that would still leave my skin looking flawless, but without all the thickness. I decided to try BB cream first and see how I got on with that and I have to say, this stuff is even better than some of my foundations. According to the packaging this BB cream primes, moisturizes, helps minimize pores, conceals, covers, smooths, mattifies, brightens, and helps protect. I’m not just saying this, but all that is TRUE. I was surprised at how much I like this BB cream and I am actually going as far to say that I think I have found my perfect ‘”foundation.” Since it is also from Rimmel it is quite a bargain and I won’t need to feel to bad stocking up. I have applied the BB cream with both a makeup sponge and a brush and both look beautiful. I am really happy with this purchase and glad that I’ve finally found something I know I love and will stick with as a trusted product.
- Baby Lips as highlighter – I recently heard through the YouTubes that Baby Lips can be used as more than just a lip balm. I don’t own a special highlighter of my own and instead of splurging on one at Ulta I decided to give the Baby Lips a go. You can’t apply to much or it can become a little extreme, but I basically just tap it on above my cheekbone and on my brow bone and it truly does look beautiful. It catches the light in a really nice way and brightens up the face amazingly. I have also used a tinted Baby Lips as blush and it has the same effect, as well as adding a little color to the cheeks. If you haven’t yet tried this beauty hack, I encourage you to do so immediately 🙂
- My food item isn’t so much a food item as it is a beverage. Last month, thanks to the Chicago Blackhawks, I have had the wonderful opportunity of drinking my fair share of Dunkin Donuts iced coffees. They now have a Chip’s Ahoy syrup that tastes like heaven. Now that I’m working everyday at an early hour coffee has become an essential for me. Personally I like Dunkin coffee better than Starbucks, probably because there is more sugar in it 😉 I’m just thankful that most of the coffees I got last month were free, so I don’t have to feel so bad about how many I had!
- The Bachelorette – If any of you guys are currently watching right now you will totally agree that this is the best year in this show’s history. There is so much drama, so many plot twists, and I’m pretty sure more men went home not during a rose ceremony than during one. Not to mention Kaitlyn is drop-dead gorgeous as well as super crazy weird, but in a humorous way. There hasn’t been once during this whole season that I’ve been bored. I don’t necessarily agree with her decisions, but there’s still the finale to come, so we’ll see what she does. Only two men left!!
- Blood by Archis – This has become an extremely difficult thing for me to do since I have been discovering more music and enjoying so much of it. I narrowed it down to just the one song this month, but as it’s the middle of July already I know I’m going to have a really hard time this month and may have to show you my top two, or even top three! But this post is all about June so now I will share with you one of the most beautifully written songs I’ve ever heard. I encourage you to listen, even if it doesn’t seem like it’s your style. The intro is on the slower side but stick with it; you won’t be disappointed 🙂
- As most of you know due to my lack of posting, I have become super busy as of late. We can blame that on the fact I have two jobs, one full time, the other part time. For so long I was searching for a job, I thought I was never going to get any interviews, or even a call. But within about a week of each other I started both jobs and I could not be happier. I’m not gonna lie, it’s hard work and extremely exhausting, but I no longer have to stress about having no income and wondering how I was going to afford college. If you’ve been with me since the beginning you know that I suffered from acid reflux a while back. I wrote a whole post on it about how I thought it might be caused by what I was eating. I’ve brought coffee back into my diet (like a lot!) and nothing. Not one day have I had AR. I think what was actually causing it was all the stress I built up over needing a job and applying to jobs and being rejected and just the whole business in general. I hated it! And I’m very happy to have two jobs that I know will be with me until I graduate.
That wraps it up for this month. I hope you enjoyed reading what I’ve been loving and have learned a little something. I hope to write to you all very, very soon. If you’d like, leave me a comment with ideas or what you would be interested in seeing from me and I’d be happy to give you my two cents on any topic.
Until next time, kisses,